View Single Post
      04-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #23
M2 Blur
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I considered the DCT, had the opportunity to pick between 6MT and DCT sitting on a lot but couldn't pass on the manual. I had an 09 135 and the manual was so easy to drive. I deal with Los Angeles traffic and the torque of the N54 was easy to maneuver stop and go traffic. Sure... a DCT has its advantages as a commuter and performance but every time I'd drive a performance auto, I'm reaching for the stick or wanting to row the gears... maybe I'm just hard wired.

The M2 manual is so easy and controllable; creeping forward in 1st, rev matching, hill assist, there is so much torque that gear changes are not always necessary... but it's a great blend of a modern manual and even easier to drive in traffic than my 135 and other manuals. The downside? When I'm in in the city or in traffic, I can get frustrated because I want to drive harder, begging to find an empty road and enjoy the M2 for what it's built for.

I'd say choose the transmission you are drawn to and what tick the boxes you are looking for. If I chose the DCT, I'd probably miss the manual or maybe I'd be converted. In my case... I have no regrets and the 6MT has been a pleasure to drive.
Appreciate 0