Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
I had a decked out 435 and wanted to get into a m2. I settled on a m240i for a few reasons:

- residual was insanely low on the m2. Lease cost was about the same as the m3/4. For only a 2k delta in price of the cars, my lease was 400$/month cheaper with the m240i.

- I could buy the m240 I today and had to wait many months for the m2

- I got 12% off of MSRP (53k to 46k) on the m240i, the m2 was either no discount or few Ks over MSRP

- after driving both, both felt plenty fast. M2 was definitely edgier but the m240i held its own

- m240i has more TQ

- m240i felt better suited for DD

You don't get a much faster car wth the m2 - heck from rolling starts the m240i seemed quicker.

BUT you do get a much different driving experience. You do get that feeling of a raw M car, reminded me driving the e46 m3.

Either car is awesome. For the same price and if I was buying, I would probably buy m2 if I couldn't found one. If you're leasing, m240i no question.

B58 engine is really fun and dropping a jb4 in it can really make it a beast. Just need bigger tires to handle all that power and maybe the lsd/xdrive

If the car is worth more than the residual value after three years, what happens? Who will get the "profit"? Is the residual fixed or is the car valued after 3 years and you then get money back or pay more depending on actual value vs residual value? Because in my mind there is little doubt that after 3 years the M2 will be worth quite a lot more than the M240i.
I get to keep the "profit". Also FYI - residual is based off of MSRP and not the sales price.

As my lease is worked out right now, if I buy the car at my residual value, it would be as if I paid 0% interest on my car + I'll be 1000 ahead at the time of my lease ending.

I'm in a good position , j can test out the market then to see if it makes sense to buy if I'm still ahead or just give it back if the value dipped a lot on these m240s
Appreciate 0