View Single Post
      03-07-2016, 10:25 AM   #187
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
THX for that!. I misunderstood the Samsung S6 WiFi direct feature (as single adhoc network). You (with Bimmerpost and Samsung) essentially have extended the BMW HUD app&device into a direction that many OEM NAV owners will appreciate!
Believe me, I'm a bit confused about how this is even working myself. This was purely by accident. I found out about the ability to do both when I had finished installing the system and was testing it. Because I have an enterprise class wireless network in my home, I was able to get strong coverage in my garage and noticed I was still connected to one of my wireless networks while mirroring my screen.

Part of my is to consult and sell wireless network equipment so I do know a bit more than the average person. As I said before, I haven't had a chance to dig into why this is even possible. But I'm glad it's working as it gives me options. I have Sprint for phone service but I also have Verizon for mobile data via a MiFi hotspot. If I get into a performance coverage issue with Sprint, I just fire up my Verizon MiFi and I'm good to go.
Appreciate 0