09-05-2017, 11:14 PM   #37
bobert
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: manual shift cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornercase View Post
My dates were approved, but it looks like something happened when my original CA left / the new CA came on board. I don't really know why my dates aren't "approved" anymore, and my week 36, 38, 40 allocations keep slipping.

I'm hoping something starts this week and will call Genius again tomorrow.

CUP -- I'm referring to the summer Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. I fear that I'll be stuck with all season tires if I'm ED'd 10/15 or later.
Only one of the three dates gets approved. If your car is truly scheduled for week 40 [end of] production, which is the first week of October (your requested delivery week), you definitely would not be able to take delivery that week - it wouldn't be done in time plus they need time to truck it from Leipzig to Munich.

I recommend calling BMW NA Special Sales (ED) in the morning (as early as 9am) rather than Genius, in order to figure out the situation: 1-800-932-0831.

Your car will absolutely be shipped to the US with summer tires - it may be Contis rather than Michelin, but it will NOT ship with all-season tires. If you did ED after 10/15, you'd have to rent all-season or winter tires, but the summer tires would be refitted prior to shipment back to the US. So no worries there at least.