Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGregory View Post
This is my exact frustration when the Civic Type R ring time is mentioned. It has nothing to do with brand or a Civic being faster, hell, I watch the "ring wolf" videos of the Renault Megane RS 275 and fantasize about living in Europe and having a sleeper like that, and if a production Civic Type R went right to the ring and ran a 7:50, that thing would be a beast, and should get all the praise it deserves, but when Honda targets the record and pulls some stuff, adds a cage, puts on some special tires to take the record, it isn't a stock car.
I recently bought a RS 275R and it's not so much of a sleeper when it's covered in decals haha.
It's much slower (on road and track) than my old modified 135i but gets a lot more attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2 View Post
I'm very aware that claiming that ring times are completely, utererly, resoundingly, and abso-fucking-lutely pointless is an easy way to appear like one is "in the know" around here but I just don't see things that black and white. Deep down inside everyone would prefer a lower ring time all else equal. Stressing all else equal. Let's agree to disagree.
I know it's kind of pointless but I still fell for the Nurburgring marketing.
Appreciate 1