Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
I guess you've never seen the aftermath of some of someone getting it wrong in an Ariel Atom. If I didn't have a family to worry about I'd still be riding motorcycles or look at a Ariel as an option. There's also the piece of mind a warranty gives you and lack of dealing with car project headaches. Trying to achieve the proper fit, finish, and reliability of an OEM product with aftermarket goods will erase any perceived DIY saving and possibly cost you more money before you're satisfied.

Most of us have other cars for DD duty. So that category doesn't really ping on the radar.
True getting it wrong in such a car could be devastating and potentially kill you so there is that safety issue.

Well depends on how BMW warrants the car what type of warranty can you leave on car that is purposely built for track, What be covered under warranty have read a lot of post here where people drove the car in a certain way and BMW denied them warranty coverage for that particulate failure.

So if they leave same warranty on CSL model as on a standard then i would be worried specially if the CSL is track built but BMW denies warranty claims for driving it to hard so a component fails.

Well rebuilding a car your self is always gonna be risk that is true but a lot of people will either tune the CSL och replace part for even more performance witch also will void warranty and might cause failures due to it.

Its just the price they probably will be asking for it might make it kinda weird to pay over premium for car like the BMW M2 when there will be a lot of competition in that region that might be better for even track usage and dd in that term.

Former Car:BMW i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey (MY22)| BMW i3s BEV (MY19)|Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0