02-18-2017, 06:12 AM   #7
Aust350z
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
I would say that its worth it to get a test drive with the MPE before buying since it is $4k and acceptable volume and drone is all relative to your personal taste and experience.

I have had a few sporty cars but I would say the M2 with MPE is by far the loudest especially at moderate cruising around town from inside the car.

My past cars...
350z with Nismo exhaust: no drone, relatively quiet unless full throttle and in the higher rpm range.
Honda S2000 stock exhaust: Civic quiet around town but due to the gearing and convertible top the combo of the engine and outside road noise made it pretty loud above 80mph.
Lexus ISF stock exhaust: no drone, quiet for a v8, above 3600rpm the 2nd intake opened and a baritone roar could be heard inside the cabin - great sound and nothing that ever bothered me.
335 with MPE: no drone, even in sport mode the exhaust is only barely audible in the car. Windows open or from outside are the best way to experience the sound.
I'm trading my 350 with Nismo exhaust for the M2. I agree on no drone cursing around.

How do find the MPE in comparison to this?
Appreciate 0