View Single Post
      05-06-2015, 06:30 PM   #239
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
Yeah you're probably right, MG is pretty fantastic. And it looks like a stealth beast in those photos which is usually what my personality prefers.

In other news, I think it's clear how BMW is playing this now.

HP : 365
- Some thought it would be more, it's on the low side of the expected 365-375

Torque: 323 ft-lbs
-11 more than the M235i. I'd bet the M2 is lighter but still.

Colors:
4 colors. 3 shades of gray (AW, MG, BS) and a far out there Blue (LBB). Polar opposite choices, and only 4 in total.

This paired with the recent comments and speculation (that I agreed with) about the M2 not being far above the M235i in terms of hardware seem to be true.

And the limited color selection aligns with the idea that BMW is indeed planning on full production for the M2, rather than limited, but to be sure to keep (what I now think) will be a ~50k or even below 50k car from stepping on the M3 and M4 are the options like most have been saying.

I think the next thing to expect is the realization of loss in luxury compared to M3 and M4 even in areas such as the lack of LED headlights? I hope not but it's not that big of a deal, I don't need tons of luxury.

I'm just happy to hear anything about the M2 now because regularly being a passenger in my buddy's Mineral Gray M3 rather than cruising beside it makes me super anxious (and excited). Haha.
Wouldn't a limited selection of colors actually mean lower production numbers for the M2.If a manufacturer is planning on producing a new model,I would assume they would give more color options,if they are going to produce more cars.

That is exactly what BMW did with the 1M.The car was only available in three colors and it had one production year.
Appreciate 0