Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I'm 40. I've been in the car scene for over two decades. I think the car looks cool. I appreciate the time and effort people put into their cars just like the next enthusiast, even if it isn't necessarily my style. However this is a stigma that we put upon ourselves that seems unnecessarily narcissistic and masturbatory. I've seen it all. The posturing braggadocios nature of a culture that is steeped in the idea of showing off a material object is bound to have knuckleheads who burn out at car meets, rev their engines, and exaggerate kill stores all for the sake of attention. We've all been attention whores at one point in our lives, it's human. So what's the difference between this and a washed up Hollywood star who's mangled her face and tits with plastic surgery slathered behind layers of makeup who finally does a nude scene way past her prime for the sake of capturing that same attention she did years prior? Not much. It's vanity, narcissism, and pride: things that make us act a fool. There comes a time when going to the exact same lengths to get attention goes from being cool to being desperate. I'm at that age, so posturing aside, I like to drive, I like tasteful mods, and I like real people who don't need to front. I like the car in the video, I just don't like that the video needs the N word, a veiled condescension towards the working class, and glorified criminality to be attractive to an audience already willing to whore themselves out for attention. It encourages them to do the same and to one up the last. Can't we just appreciate the car?
This social media age we live in has ruined the world.
Appreciate 2
tuco44644.00
RABAUKE4658.00