View Single Post
      12-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #36
GoSlow2GoFast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCobra08 View Post
I just had a shop install the UUC evo3 short shift kit in my M2. Now there seems to be an issue with the placement/position of the gear lever. Everything it angled too far forward. If you shift into 5th for example, the shift boot is stretching. If you're in 4th gear, it's where neutral was in the OEM unit. The new neutral position is there 3rd was on the stock one, etc. My thought was that they installed it backwards and need to turn it 180 degrees to remedy the issue. However once they double and tripped checked, it is installed properly according to them and rotating the unit 180 degrees will only result in it being even more forward. I had a UUC SSK in an F80 M3 a couple year back and it was just fine, so I'm wondering if I possible received a faulty unit or if this shop is either incompetent or bent something during install. We have also played with the height of the shifter without luck. Something is definitely off. It sounds like others have installed this in their m2 with good success. Thanks all!
Doesn't sound right. I installed mine and it locates very similar to the original unit, just shorter throws, and can be made a little shorter (less tall).

You only replaced the shift lever (and it's related pivot hardware), not the connecting rod that comes off the bottom of the shift lever, right? There was a little confusion when I purchased mine a year ago if they offered one for that car, and they ended up telling me they didn't have a "The Double Shear Selector Rod (DSSR)" that fit the M2.

Did you order and receive this item?

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/ultim...-m2-p1832.aspx

If you want me to do any measurements from my unit let me know, like in a particular gear distance from shift knob to dash reference point, etc.

Bill