04-18-2017, 02:25 AM   #132
mjsaville
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LLB - Arrived 4th Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdd View Post
This is the expected behavior. Pin 2 (the yellow-blue wire) is the wire which makes the light illuminates when Park Assist mode (i.e. the screen showing front / rear parking sensor / parking camera if you have those options) is enabled. As Part Assist is turned on by default and you have PIN 2 connected, when you've fitted the new switch, you will see the green LED illuminated. Now, you need PIN 1 also connected so you can switch off the Park Assist mode using the "P" button (and thus the annoying beep beep beep sound which is what you guys want to achieve now), then the green LED will be switched off accordingly.

No, it is not, I'm borrowing a picture that I managed to find from the internet for which the ICM is clearly shown (sorry to steal the picture but as it is coming from another forum, I can't put a direct link here)

You don’t need any part no. for this, it's just an ordinary cable that you need to make yourself. You would need to buy 2 bushing contacts like below and clamp them at the 2 ends of the cable (picture from internet):

To fit the clamped cable with bushing contact into the wiring loom at the console switch end, following this picture but ignore 1 and 2 as it was meant to pull the cable out of the plug. Instead, push the bushing contact into the plug after the blue plastic buckle is lifted (picture from internet):

Now the tricky part is how to get access to the ICM connector, it's not an easy task especially if you have a big hand. You can first try to access it from the up top, but if you can't, you will need to remove the rear air vent and the vent tubing and try to access from the rear (with a stretching long hand). After you've unplugged the connector, you should be able to insert the other end of the cable into the plug in a similar fashion (not exactly the same, but you'll figure out).
Thanks very much for this, I also did a bit of digging on the internet last night. I'm off today, so will see if I can pull the alcantara around the handbrake and see if I can eyeball the ICM. I'll post back later...

MJ
Appreciate 0