View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 05:20 AM   #8
tyip
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Refined script. Thank you.

I joined this forum just say thanks to Nezil for initiating this post and I have since expanded on the intellectual property of many others and have created a more defined script:

1. worked and tested on Netgear RN426 (running ReadyNAS 6.10.2) and Blackvue DR900s-2CH
2. incorporated to remove old downloads at certain time every day
3. added features:
a. ffmpeg to check integrity of downloaded mp4 files (sometimes they get corrupted during download, eg car left garage)
b. ability to run under crontab every single minute (to run cronjobs) because it will not start another instance if one instance is already running (I set mine at every 5 minutes)
c. ability to exclude one file type (I excluded new files (=N*), so I download only event files (=E*), park files (=P*) and manual files (=M*))
d. ability to avoid duplicate download of gps and 3gf files
e. all the adjustable parameters are set at the start of the scripts to allow easy modification to suit your particular environment
f. ability to choose how may times the script will try to download the file
g. most excitingly, speedup codes were added. Previously, the downloads were slow because after a wifi disconnection, it restarts download from the very start. Although it would ignore the already downloaded files, it wastes a lot of time going from file to file to find out it has already been downloaded.

Note:
1. there is the part from Nezil's script that allows variable IP address (obtaining from router), but I always have the router set to give my Blackvue a fixed IP address.
2. I am not a programmer but learnt everything from here and other forums
3. Blackvue DR900S is really good. (Thank you Blackvue) I have Unifi wifi access points that allow devices to connect to the same SSID but automatically connects at 2.4 GHz or 5GHz depending on whichever gives the best connection. I can see sometimes Blackvue will connect at 5GHz and sometimes at 2.4GHz. Of course when the signal is good, 5GHz is a lot faster. (This is happening despite choosing ONE frequency only on the Blackvue's own settings).
4. On Blackvue, set the wifi cloud to use your garage wifi as "garage wifi". Although your car has been connecting to your car's mobile 4g, it will automatically reconnect to the garage wifi when you get home because of this setting
4. Installing ffmpeg on my ReadyNAS is easy, just sudo appget ffmpeg and it will install itself, as the repository is already sitting in the Netgear remote server ready to be downloaded and installed. ffmpeg is very fast in checking video integrity.
5. cronjobs: google please: for ReadyNAS: it is crontab -l for listing, crontab -e for editing
6. need to know how to do SSH access into Ready NAS (suggest putty.exe freeware)
5. Thanks to Nezil on the share on hardware installation: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1457010 I did exactly that: Cellink Neo with a relay switch with car battery source, and also a power magic pro between the car battery source and the relay switch. (Power magic pro NOT between Blackvue and final electricity supply)
6. Sorry, I can't be a quick responder. Can only do these forum things during holiday.
Appreciate 0