View Single Post
      04-14-2017, 11:14 AM   #17
VR-Tech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 MG, 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Si View Post
I had an Elise SC for about 6 years. It's still my favorite car to drive all time. Keep in mind that you can no longer get any new Elise/Exige in NA. Evora is far from being an Elixige, but it is more comfortable and some what practical. I like the 4C a lot, and I didn't mind the transmission either. Feels very similar to the Lotus...

Some of my track buddies created this video.

As for why I switched to an M2, having a DD (Abarth) while keeping the Lotus didn't really make any sense for me. Especially with the insurance being that crazy here in Canada. With 2 kids, I basically drove it less than 10 times, it worked out to be about $100 per drive last year. Hence I traded both in for an M2 and use it as my DD and track car. It is no where as fun as the Lotus, but it just made more sense financially.

If you don't need the back seats and have a second car, I say, go for it! The 4C is fun, good workout for the arms when you are parking. You will get a lot of looks no matter where you go, even next to a Lambo. Last but not least, make sure you are able to get in and out comfortably. Depending on your height and size, it could be tough and borderline painful getting in and out of a 4C.

Agree about the Elise. My brother still owns a SC 2005 Elise and quite fast at only 240HP. I am not tall or fat, so it shouldn't be that difficult to get in.
Appreciate 0