03-18-2024, 02:59 AM   #3
-Eidos
@lbb_kev
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 (LBB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by searley86 View Post
Hey all,
I’ve had a catless downpipe and tune on my OG for a while, installed a Remus cat back yesterday. While it sounds amazing at 4000rpm +, it’s pretty raspy and blowy (not sure that’s the right word for it!).
Would love some input on best options, read lots about the Fabspeed sports car, but not sure I can wrap my head around $1700 for a cat after paying for the Remus.
Thanks for any advice!
The Remus cat back is basically a straight pipe. When paired with a catless DP you're basically asking for rasp and drone.

You'll need to switch to a catted dp like the Fabspeed you mentioned. Active Autowerke is also an option which uses GESI and is a couple hundred dollars cheaper. GESI is nice and since you're already catless you probably don't care about CELs.

MAD also makes a high flow dp thats over a thousand dollars cheaper than the above two options. It could be a great option for you if you don't care about CELs and don't want to push a ton of power through it.

Or, you can change to a different cat back system.
Speedtech Stage 3 (8474) | Remus Exhaust | Wagner EVO 3 | XClutch | DS2 + Lift Kit | Nostrum S2 Injectors | TI E5LM | Torqbyte EKP | Intrax 1K2 | SPL | Drexler GT Race Light LSD by limitedslip.de | Schirmer Diff Lift Kit

Full E85 DI-Only 717WHP Flex Fuel tuned by BendCalibration (ECUTek) | Built by SD Garage
Appreciate 1