Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I don't think they really care if they sell the carbon fiber roofs or not.. Their focus is profiting on the vehicle sales itself..
First, I guarantee the people responsible for M Performance parts have sales goals. They care A LOT if M Performance products sell or not.

Also, there is an extremely important goal in sales... "Accessorize the sale." You want to accessorize the products being sold as much as possible. This increases the goal of making more profit per transaction.

I'm a sales manager... When I see one of my salespeople failing to accessorize the sale, I consider it "clerking" instead of selling. A successful salesperson literally displays their skills and competency by adding accessories.
I beg to differ, I bought a couple of BMWs and they always acted like adding M Performance parts was a burden. Not only that, they were not very knowledgeable about the options ('What's a LSD?')

But they did heavily push the BMW extended warranty and tire insurance hard!

Leads me to believe that it's a take it or leave it option.. And offered so they don't miss out on the aftermarket competitors.

Also, why make it so difficult to obtain these parts if they had some sort of sale goal. All it does is deter potential customers.. Not just the roof, pretty much every MP part caters to "aftersales"
Appreciate 0