View Single Post
      12-07-2020, 10:54 PM   #37
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21Inked View Post
any installed pics of the Brake Air Ducts?
Let me see what I have in the camera roll. The brake ducts aren't anything special lol. 100% redneck engineering garage fab specials lol. I just felt for the money of some of the kits out there that I could make something that did the job. So far sooo good! It's basically a c6 zo6 brake duct that I cut down length wise. I thin riveted a 2" coupler into that to make the plastic rigid for the duct line to clamp onto. Then I found airplane aluminum 2" flanges to Rivet to the stock heat shield. I made a reinforcement plate out of aluminum and riveted that to the heat shield for flex strength cause after cutting a 2" hole in the heat shield I felt it was a little flimsy. I was afraid after a bunch of turning the heat shield might fatigue and crack.

I made a 90* aluminum L bracket and riveted that to the C6 scoops and then zip tied it to the front LCA. I can't take credit for this idea. I just did a ton of reading on here and then started paving my own way.

After everything was mounted I did clearance checks in the air and on the ground. A few adjustments later and everything is rock solid and nothing rubs or moves. I've had the car to 160+ MPH and nothing moves. I inspect stuff very often.

In the long run I'd love a carbon lip with integrated ducts but the options currently available are just really expensive or not quite what I want. Or not easily available in the USA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2