Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacletteMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism View Post
For those who are lowered closer to or at the max drop of 25mm - how has ride quality been? Has there been a noticeable impact to ride quality due to the ride height?

I ask because given the recommended preload of the front which would lower the car 10mm, the remaining 15mm height comes from the shock body. My assumption is that ride quality shouldn't suffer too much at the 25mm, assuming recommended preload and not lowering beyond 25mm.

Similar concept with the rear, however the ride height and preload are adjusted at the same spring. But from what I've been told, it's the front preload that impacts ride quality the most.

Thanks!
I just had the kit installed. 160nm rear and 90nm front. I am at approx 25mm. The ride quality is stiffer than stock but quite ok. What I am disappointed about is steering feel, it is not the same as before. The dartiness is gone. I do not know if it is due to the lowering itself,a bad alignment or the fact that the new wheels have a slightly more aggressive offset.
Interesting... I've heard the exact effect on steering. What wheels are you going with?

Would be curious as to what you uncover.
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0