03-28-2019, 12:35 AM   #74
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg75 View Post
Two weeks with Öhlins (90nm; 190nm) on my M2C, expertly installed by Harold and Lucas at HP Autosport. Ride height was determined by starting with Öhlins recommended, then corner balancing (and aligning, of course). Started with 13-clicks (out) all around. Have tried everything from 7 - 15 (always the same front and back, as recommended by Öhlins). For my driving—canyons, back roads, and too many freeway miles—I like 10 all around best, so far. M2C handles like a slot-car or go kart, now—flat and sticks like glue. Suspension is sports-car firm, but not harsh or too stiff, if that makes sense. Also added 12mm front and 10mm rear Macht Schnell spacers. Pretty much perfect, even with fender without suck or poke. And, after Harold's alignment and the upgrade, whatever minimal understeer the Comp might've had seems long gone, at least at nearly-sane road limits. Highly recommend the Öhlins and HP Autosport, especially if you can get to Santa Barbara for the installation and setup.
Nice write up and review! The drop looks a bit lower than 10mm which is the Ohlin recommended settings, but still looks great. Any rubbing issues?
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0