01-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #67
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I can't remember does DFW have the exit ramps after the on ramps? By me it's exit first then on ramp and that seems completely logical. Other parts of the country I've been to have on first then exit so you constantly have this horrible mess of people crossing over each other.
It's a mix here, depending on the age of the road and the prevailing wisdom regarding highway design when the road was built. Because we have a high number of relatively new roads combined with older ones due to population growth, the mix is pretty balanced. Basically the only type of interchange we lack is the roundabout.

That said, there are very few left-lane exits on North Texas highways -- they're around, but they are not numerous -- and the type of exchange you're talking about (we call them "Frontage Roads" here) mostly exist along older highways that were built from the 1950s through the mid-1970s.
Appreciate 0