Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4life24 View Post
M3, over the past decades, was always known as the shorter wheelbase, elusive 2-door coupe (yes i know there were m3 sedans also).
You can't just discount the tens of thousands of M3 sedans that have been produced by adding them as an "also" and have any credibility by saying the M3 has "always" been known as a coupe. And what about the E30/36/46/93 convertibles?

And when you say "shorter wheelbase, elusive 2-door coupe", shorter compared to what? Certainly not shorter than the Z3 coupe (which fits your description), and both the E30 and E90/E92 models had identical wheelbases:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434484

I think I get where you're coming from, and I know I'm being argumentative. My real point is that the M3 hasn't "always" been any one thing - as one other commenter put it, it has been "bastardized" since very early on in its history.

But the M2 hasn't ever been anything else, and that's something special, I think.
Sorry my comment was broad, but I was not comparing it to the Z Series. Shorter as in the new gen M3/4 wheelsbase is much longer (longest ever).

I also said 2-door coupe because we're comparing an M2 here. There is no convertible M2 or a sedan M2 (That would be a M1 right?? Wait...)
Appreciate 0