View Single Post
      10-17-2020, 01:25 AM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

If it didn't leak are you sure you punctured the radiator and not the ac condensor? Because the AC condensor sits in front of the radiator.

Ok here is what I recommend:

1) Get an aftermarket intercooler, if you are on a budget the BMS intercooler or VRSF intercooler are great options. I personally have the BMS intercooler, but a word of warning the stock charge pipes will not fit it (because it is a bit too short and the C-clip will not snap in) and you have to bend the driver side tab out to get it to clear the radiator fan shroud but nothing too major. The BMS and VRSF intercoolers both have insanely high fin density and cool way better than a stock intercooler - I would not spend money to get another stock intercooler as they are absolutely garbage and insufficent to keep your car's IATs cool even stock. There is a caviot - unless you are on a really tight budget and find a really cheap stock intercooler ~$50 or less I would not recommend going stock.

2) Get charge pipes as well because you might as well replace those while the intercooler is out and this will prevent you from having issues in the future.

3) For the radiator I recommend either DO88 or CSF or even stock depending on what is cheapest. If it is cheaper for you to go aftermarket go aftermarket as you'll get better cooling performance if you ever decide to track your car, reliability shouldn't be an issue with radiators.

None of these require tuning.