View Single Post
      02-10-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrettifan View Post
I tried this question under a different thread but no responses, so trying again.

I'm planning to do a track day early this summer and will likely only have 3,500 - 4,000 miles on my car by then. Those who have done track time, what mileage did you have on your car and / or what mileage do folks think is safe or reasonable. I don't want to abuse my car. Obviously it depends on how aggressively the car is driven, but hard to do a track day without a little red mist in the eyes.
By that time, your car will certainly be ready for the track! Just go have a good time and learn, your car will be fine. You will not be abusing the car at all - unless of course you are way off on shifting, for some reason. If this will be your first time on the track. I highly recommend you go out with your instructor - in his / her car. Hopefully, your instructor will be driving something like an E36, 228i, etc., it will be a real eye opening experience for you, and you will then start to see why you are not abusing your M2.

BMWs, especially M cars, can take much much more abuse than you could ever imagine.