03-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #74
tomwac
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 545i/520d/320d/S1000R/E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I'm not sure what's so confusing about this to people.

The Competition M2 will devalue the N55 M2 in a significant way unless it's a lot more expensive, very limited, it's terrible, or a combination of those.

It seems unlikely that it's going to be terrible.

It seems unlikely it's going to be over 60 grand US, so it won't be a lot more expensive.

No one expects it to be limited, but obviously on day 1 there won't be many of them made, but eventually there will be.

If in fact the Comp M2 is a great car and desirable then in the future when people search out used M2s, they will be looking for the perceived "good" model not the perceived "weaker" model despite your or my opinion of the S55 sound or that the N55 is plenty as is.

Why are N55 owners worried about depreciation? I can't believe this is a question so many of you ask. In fact I can't even believe it's a real question because the answers are obvious. So many of you complain and get up in arms about a dealer mark up and don't want to pay 1 cent more far your car, but you don't know why anyone cares about depreciation? You wanted to find a good deal on the N55 M2 but you don't know why an owner would care about depreciation? You have such lack of imagination to understand that some OTHER people who are not you might not want their car to depreciate in case they need to sell it because of a medical issue, a loss of a job, or whatever curve ball life throws at them, or even just they get bored of it and want to sell it and get something else? Really you have no idea why someone might care about depreciation? Get the fuck out of here! You know why!
This post hits the nail on the head, literally... The problem is that all the ones with their smart ass answers are just so insecure about their car and them selves that even suggesting that the current M2 will devaluate makes them getting childish and personal... you Sir, made the greatest post of all times
Appreciate 0