06-15-2023, 02:42 AM   #46
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track/S View Post
I suppose that all the points have been copied from google.

1. The oem bolts have a minimum hardness of 10.5 and are tightened to 140nm, if we use 12.9 bolts the tightening will be the same 140nm...

2: Before breaking the hub thread you would break the bolt.

The e9x platform is the one that has suffered the most breaks, and I am convinced that all the studs that broke were hardness 10.9 maximum. the csr studs are M12 and we haven't seen any broken.

In 4-5 days we will know for sure.
- I'm pretty sure it's grade 10.9 not 10.5.

- If the hub material is softer and weaker than the bolt material, then you will strip out the threads long before you break the bolt. So it depends on the bolt material.

- We may not have seen any CSR stud breaks because the number of studs out there used by non race teams is extremely low (and of these people that have CSR studs, the number of them on the forum is likely to be extremely low), and the number of breaks that are reported are even lower (not everyone who experiences issues post online). Last but not least, the CSR studs were meant for racing, and like most race parts they are replaced very frequently, so the chance that they break during use would be very low.