View Single Post
      08-08-2017, 08:40 PM   #7
RaceCarDriver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 LBB 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Zed View Post
Great informative video, can you elaborate more on the M2 vs 1M comparison. I was able to get seat time in an MT M2 on CA backroads with a few negative comments: electronic steering is bleh (hydraulic night & day improvement), rev matching needs to be coded out, interior infotainment and layout is a little bit crowded just like my previous 228i.

Those points coupled with my 07 M coupe ownership point me towards the 1M as a creme de la creme do-all car. With prices nearly equal I find it a hard to justify a 6 year old car with 1-2 owners versus a new from factory variant.

Thoughts?
The 1M is a little crazier and nervous than the M2.

The M2 is a normal BMW in comfort mode but becomes alive in Sport and Sport+. The 1M is always alive, always hair on fire, no relaxed mode for that car, which I think is the best thing about it.

The biggest difference driving them back is the steering. 1M steering hydraulic vs M2 electric. 1M wins steering all the way.

The M2 is more electronic, easier to drive fast, more predictable. 1M you need more skill to tame it, that's the appeal to me.

You can't go wrong with either choice, but they are different cars. Drive both if you can.

I would love to review a Z4M as well. Definitely on my list to own one day.

Glenn
Appreciate 4
86Zed932.00
D CHOI581.00
chris7197334.00