Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M CS

Garage List
2020 BMW X4M CS  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
So, your argument against ethanol is posting about methanol, and then quoting a study from 1997?
Huh?

This was a post I wrote in 2016, I just added a video I happened to come across earlier and posted it, along with some studies I had linked from over the years.

Again, I wrote this upon the release of the OG M2mid 2016, advising people of the stock fuel limitations of the OEM Fuel system, in which no aftermarket solutions were yet available (look at the original post date)...From experience, as I used too much ethanol in my M2 (one of the first I know of to be tuned (before BM3 or MHD were avail for the f87 N55 M2)

Umm, And no, my argument against (TOO MUCH) Ethanol, in certain cars (THAT AREN'T MADE FOR IT), is based on my knowledge of chemistry, I back that up with a video experiment I came across today...And multiple studies, including 1 that actually also finds methanol to be worse for engine internals...You obviously didn't click the link...AT no point do I "Quote from a study"...?

Not sure why I have to go out of my way to explain this these are all things said previously but, I guess you are in the mood to start a fight with a stranger over something as established scientifically as the concept of ethanol's corrosive nature toward certain metals that commonly are used to make OEM fuel pumps, or you read partial parts posts and decided to be combative for whatever reason...

I'm simply advising people who run high amounts of ethanol regularly to the potential negative side effects of doing this over time, constantly...

If you disagree with this please provide scientific or even anecdotal evidence that my conclusions are untrue. Thanks.

Last edited by DKX4///M; 10-14-2020 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0