View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 03:22 PM   #3
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by boba7523 View Post
Hi all, I'm fairly new in the world of suspensions and would like to know what the benefits are of say getting an aftermarket control arm and tie rods such as SPL? With a camber plate, I can essentially adjust the camber to be very aggressive already and toe adjustment doesn't seem to be an issue with stock tie rods.

I've heard about lighter spring weight which would potentially make the tires make better contact with the ground, but are there other benefits? I take my car out to track once in a while.

Thanks!
Typically they give much less deflection to keep the the camber and toe more under control. At some extreme settings toe links will take away the bind and allow more adjustment that wasn't there before.

The performance of your dampers is directly related to the quality of your springs. Higher quality and lighter springs will certainly make a difference. Your dampers don't have to work as hard to control them. Swift has one of the lightest springs with the thinnest coils(more stroke) on the market today.

Feel free to PM us if you have more specific questions regarding SPL or Swift.
Appreciate 0