View Single Post
      11-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #219
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It was this time of year. IIRC November 17, 2010 was the day we were in Leipzig at the factory?

It was on Thursday exactly one week before thanksgiving. I stayed over til Sunday and it snowed like heck the day after I left on Sunday.

The M2 is complete deja Vu with the timing of almost all the announcements and of course most of the specifics on the vehicle.

However this time instead of teasing one panel at a time, they have been teasing by leaving cars out in public in Germany and in the US.

IIRC the first US allocations came out early January for March or April production. The allocations also came out in different sections of the US at different times. Should be interesting to see if that follows form also.

Even though I had driven the 1M, I wasn't sure I could afford it and I had to wait for pricing to be announced before I got in line. Then I worked my arse off til I could afford it and sold my E30 M3 track car that I had plans to drop an S54 with Alpha N into.

My car was a July allocation that I picked up over Labor Day weekend (9/1/2011)
Your hard work definitely paid off and you must have written a very good essay to get chosen for such a great event.I'm surprised that you were the only one who ended up getting the 1M.Everyone is so pumped up for the car in the video,that I would have assumed that they all would of purchased the car.
It would have been great if BMW offered the same event for the M2.
Appreciate 0