View Single Post
      11-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #216
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX35

I really wish tradition and philosophy had something to do with modern car specification and design. It doesn't of course and we all know these are corporate decisions. Still, there is such a thing as corporate culture that can defy a simple view of pure capitalism. We saw the dark side with VW diesels. It is possible we will see the positive in this car.

Engineers still have a great impact as individuals when given the freedom to do so. After you get past the grand vision, an inexpensive M car with good performance to bring new buyers to the M line in and polish the brand among millennials, engineers will still make the car the best it can be within the defined constraints. Not because they seek to honor tradition. Not because 'M' means something though I like to believe there is some esprit d' corps. But because they and other technical individuals involved in the development and test want to build something fast and good.

I think this car will be fast and good. Looking at what they added, with the right tuning, it could be great.

Last edited by Spook410; 11-20-2015 at 05:39 PM..
Appreciate 1