05-23-2017, 11:35 AM   #10
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_SC View Post
What was the environment like? Was it cold when he applied it or hot and humid? As stated, UK was meant to be used in colder climates to help with the flashing. Under normal circumstances, weather that is, Classic would be a better alternative to UK.
I would make sure that all the prep was done properly, i.e. Polishing and complete wipe down with some type of oil remover prior to laying the coating down.

Bruce
Well it was cold outside as he did it in the winter but his shop is temp controlled etc. so would have been 20, 21 degrees celsius. room temperature. and the car would have climatized as well as it was brought in a day early and left a day to sit. I doubt he did a proper job of prepping the car. Actually I'm certain they didnt. Not the most meticulous shop but it's all I really got to choose from. the other shop which would be meticulous wanted 3 times the price. literally three times. Both shops authorized xpel dealers. The only reason I went with these guys is they do all the work for the BMW dealership and they were the ones paying for the Xpel...
Appreciate 0