12-19-2016, 06:41 AM   #688
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh_SE View Post
Hi! Long-time lurker and very tempted to get my first M car, ideally during 2017.

Meeting my dealer tomorrow to discuss, but wanted to run by you guys first. Judging from these 32 pages, it seems there is no sure thing when it comes to probable delivery date. However, would you say that the early customers have now mostly gotten their cars, and BMW is starting to catch up with supply (i.e. easier to get a new car in 2017)?

Alternatively, would I be a fool if I were to get one of the cars currently on bmw.se (demos I guess), instead of waiting for the LCI? Or if I order a new one, do you think I can expect the same kind of painful wait for the MY2018 as most of you did with your cars?

I ordered in June. This is what I know.

First he said that the car would be delivered in November 2017. I asked every now and then if things changed and he just kept saying "we don't know". Then out of the blue on November 17 he told me that my car was scheduled for delivery in February. I wasn't really prepared as I wasn't expecting it and had some other plans but got such a nice deal that I couldn't refuse. (I will pay ~$6k under what they are asking for 1 year old used cars)

Supposedly BMW Sweden and it's dealers got ONE OFF special extra allocations to eradicate the super long waiting list of about 18 months.

Basically I think everyone who's ordered an M2 up to September/October will get their car before next summer.

What next? Well. I don't know. I've heard that if you walk into a dealer today they won't be able to guarantee delivery during 2017. But that could be just talk. It will be easier to get one than it has been though. Many got their allocations now and quite a few will probably turn it down because they were surprised just like I was. So if they tell you "no", then take your time and make a few calls...

Please report back with what they tell you!
Appreciate 0