View Single Post
      02-26-2016, 04:33 PM   #108
bikernate
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 (LBB MT), 2002 MCoupe

Is this typical?

I placed my initial deposit of $1000 in November. My dealer told me that I would get the "first or second", depending if the owner of the dealership kept the first. So basically I'm #1 on the list. They called me on Jan 20 and said that we could now place the order in the BMW system. I did, and they charged me an extra $2000. Today, after wondering why my status has been "order documented" (still to this day) I called BMW and they confirmed that my car isn't even scheduled until 3/9 to start production.

Am I missing something? Based on the OP's timeline I wont see this car until second week of May or so (I'm on the East Coast). And this is supposed to be their first car. I'm glad I don't have to wait as long as some of the people here are, but I would have thought that I'd be driving it before then. Were all the first allocation cars supposed to hit about the same time, or does the location/size of the dealer make a difference?

Last edited by bikernate; 02-26-2016 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Found additional information in other posts.
Appreciate 0