Drives: F87 M2 Long Beach Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW X1  [0.00]
2008 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMs335D View Post
Hello Autox gurus,
Need some advice. I don't want to lose my BS class, but I want to put on some proper autox tires, which means I need a second set of rims which fits with the stock suspension/alignment. What do you guys suggest? My preferred option was Apex FL-5's but they require camber plates then I was looking at the 513M wheels. but they are stupidly expensive.

I have been autocrossing for 4 years but this is my first year in the M2, and over the winter season I quickly realized that the MPSS are good, but no match for the likes of Conti's Extremecontact DWS or on warmer days the RE-71R.

Thanks in advance!
There is a good discuss of options here:
http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1419810

From what I’ve read, you can go with a wide variety of wheels (eg Apex), most suggest 18” is the way to go but tire sizes are limited in either 18 or 19 for 71Rs or BFG so you kind of need to know your preferred tires too.

I ran 71Rs at ~18 local Autox events last year on stock size 19” rims (I wouldn’t buy stock again ... at the time I couldn’t get confirmation 18” would fit, now I would go 18”). If you want to keep in BStreet class at SCCA, you need 9” and 10” wide, but local clubs other than SCCA may not care too much. 265 or 275 front and 275 rear seem to be a preferred option.

(You probably know this, but as soon as we add camber plates we lose BS class)
Appreciate 0