I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
"BMW people", lol I can't speak for others, but I wasn't always a BMW person...started out with what I could afford, which means I have owned a number of Hondas/Subarus in my days. I used to do all the work like this myself (stereos, gauge pods, etc.), anything that could be done in the driveway with a screwdriver, some wire snips and a roll of electrical tape! Nowadays, I just don't have the time to mess around for 6 hours on something that a pro can do in 3. Plus..mistakes are a lot more costly on these cars

Be sure to post some pics of your install once completed. I'm interested to see how the gauge looks from the other side. GL with install.
My car history is in my forum signature... Japanese then German then German and now German again.

I'm an IT guy and electronics have always been "in my wheelhouse" so I normally tackle any of that stuff, and I'll do mechanical work myself as long as I have the time and tools to handle it. (I'm going to try to do my catback, shouldn't be too horrible since the car only has ~3600 miles on it so hopefully nothing is too rusted yet.)

My problem with outsourcing work is that this is my only car. I have a crap back and would be happy to pay people to do work on it if I could get a loaner, but most of the time electronics-type shops don't do that...

The gauge came today; it's definitely just the vent portion and nothing else. Comes in a relatively small box, along with the wiring harness, and mine had zero instructions inside... Thankfully I know they have the install PDF on their website.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0