View Single Post
      09-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #82
M2LA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - AW EX MT6 ACP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
Models mean everything. AMEX relies on FICO8. So does Chase and CITI and probably PenFed too. And if somehow you were flagged to go to recon....any recon department worth their salt would also lump those inquiries together if the credit scoring system didn't do it for you.

All dealers participate in "shotgunning" (shoving through a bunch of loan apps) unless explicitly told not to. Because they too know that it doesn't effect a borrowers ability to borrow or their score if done within 14 days of each other. Of course you're going to get dinged on that 1. And if you already have more than 1 now you're talking 2 and a assured credit score drop.

Of course everything I just said is easily Goog'able. We can get into a game of "ya....but" but I'd rather not spread false information to potential car buyers.

http://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-ex...r-an-car-loan/

1 of 1000s of articles on the subject.
you lost me. nothing happened to me. my simple statement is that many lenders count inq - this has nothing to do with scoring. 6 months out what happened at a dealer might matter to someone. do you disagree what what I just said? back-ends are what approve not fico scores by themselves
Appreciate 0