09-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #67
ModestV8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2-007 View Post
Thanks again for pointing out all the PROs and CONs between the M2 and M240i, including the price I should be paying. Using all the data you had provided I have decided to go with the M........

If I use common sense and buy the M240i I would save quite a bit of money and can have the car immediately. But it doesn't have the sexy "hips" and the mean looking front bumper with 2 fangs sticking out ready for battle. At the end of the day it all comes down to this.... Which car will give me the most smiles while driving the car?

From watching the M240i & M2 comparison Youtube video, the driver said a lot of good things about the M240i but never once he mentioned the word "Bloody" until he started driving the M2... That bloody exhaust noise... Bloody hell...It feels like somebody kicked you in the back... Every time he stepped on the gas his face changed ... The noise The drama The smiles.....

It is clear what I really wanted is the "Ultimate Drama Driving Machine" so it has to be the M2 !!!

I went to the Irvine BMW in CA (15 min from my house) and talked to the GM directly. I told him members on this forum told me there should be more than 1 dealers in the states willing to sell the M2 at MSRP. I may have to spend time calling them and pay $800 to transport the car. If you can meet or beat this I will buy the M2 from you right now. 20 minutes later, he came out with some papers in his hand. If you buy it today sign here.

2018 M2 for $700 over MSRP, 3.31% financing, and your M2 will arrive in April 2018.

I signed it !!!
If you can find one for MSRP, you can still buy elsewhere. "Signing" something before the car is off the lot doesn't commit you to the car, as surprisingly as it sounds.
Appreciate 0