Thread: E60M5 and M2
View Single Post
      08-17-2016, 10:42 AM   #10
sheaz
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvdh View Post
If you like the M5 in S FL, you'll probably love the M2. Gobs of torque, which'll let you get around the Avalon-driving blue hairs, and out in front of the redneck "natives" in their pickups. It's a little flashy, which is pretty much a requirement down there. And the brakes will let you stop in plenty of time when I95 grinds to a sudden, unexplained halt (of course, that means you'll get rear-ended by grandpa or Cletus, but the safety rating on the 2-series is very good).

That said, both cars are, IMHO, total overkill for S FL. The primary thing I enjoy about he M2 is handling, and when 99.5% of all turns are 90 degree corners, you can't really play with that all that much (unless you do occasional days at PBI).

Heresy as this may be, last time I was down there, I wound up with a Camaro SS as a rental, and it was about perfect. Yeah, the interior materials were cheezy, and outward visibility sucked, but it was quick enough to get out of its own way, and if I owned one and it got smacked, I could console myself with the knowledge that I could easily replace it.

Why yes, I lived there for 12 years (Boca), why do you ask?

Interesting / jaded / and hilarious view of South Florida. I find lots of time to go out late and find great roads to drive on. I play poker until very late quite often so that gives me some great drive time. There are lots of great sections of roads, exchanges, 180 degree exits, etc. to hit and have tons of fun in M Cars. Believe me I am not the type to be cruising A1A in my car for attention.
Appreciate 0