sheaz
Rep
Drives: 530i

E60M5 and M2

Hi all -

Been following here and reading up on the M2. I have two cars currently:

2007 Manual E60M5 with all the bolt on mods

2008 528i daily driver

I am thinking of getting an M2 to daily drive and get rid of the 528i. A few facts to consider and then I have a few questions, as you all seem very helpful on this forum:

Facts:

I don't drive far or need the back seats for work. I have a 3 mile commute and will put 10k miles a year on both cars combined. I don't have kids. My wife also has a four seat luxury car that we can use for couple dates, etc.

Questions:

Will I enjoy daily driving the M2? I think I will! Roads are good in Fort Lauderdale and I don't sit in traffic. I would only get the manual transmission.

Will I get annoyed keeping the car outside at night? At work, the car will be in a garage. At home, the M5 is the garage queen and I only have a single bay.

Will I find the car is more of a replacement for the M5 and not the 528i and that I really don't need both. In my mind they are really different. My M5 sounds like an Indy Car with the exhaust and is an absolute raw beast. I am planning to leave the M2 bone stock and just enjoy it. Seems far more usable as a daily driver than the M5. Also, I cannot imagine selling the M5 regardless. I have already replaced the rod bearings and connecting bolts. The car runs perfect and only has 58k miles.

Thanks so much for all the information on this board, seems like a great community.

If anyone is in South Florida perhaps I can check out your M2 sometime, I have not seen one in person.

Shea
Appreciate 0