View Single Post
      11-20-2015, 06:46 PM   #217
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
thank you... ! I added that to my SIG file awhile ago and you are the first to comment on it - took nearly a month!

there was a contest online at M power.com http://m-power.com/_open/s/home.jsp?lang=en

I signed up for the closed room portion of the site... when prompted, I wrote a short essay (1000 words ?) about how I am BMW fan. and have been since the 1990s.. I attached a photo.... and 3 weeks later ( I had totally forgotten that I even entered) I got email from a German production firm asking if I wanted to go to Germany! I totally didn't believe it for 36 hours.. then realized I had 3 weeks to get a passport!

I was able to get one expedited and made the trip. I believe I am the only one of the 12 to purchase a 1M. There were 4000 entries and 12 people selected from 7-8 countries.. 3 from the US... 1 Germany.. 1 Italy.. 1 Korea.. 2 Great Britain.. 1 Switzerland.. 1 Spain , 1 France , 1 Belgium...

Of that group... 3-5 of met via us met or found each other online this board... @JasonCSU is still active on these forums and was going to purchase a 1M until the dealer pulled a 5-10K market adjustment about face on him..
What a great story,thanks for the info.How far back from the release date of the 1M did you go over to Germany to take part in the event?
Appreciate 0