View Single Post
      12-12-2016, 02:25 AM   #71
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux2005 View Post
Has long as you have a laptop capable of running Windows on it (WinXP or 7 are preferred I believe) then you can do it yourself. In the 2Addicts forums you can post asking for the necessary software and you'll probably get a PM pretty quick with links to download ESys and the latest psdzdata. Then it's a matter of buying a cable off ebay or the like or you may be able to make yourself one.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997749 is probably the best place to start. I would expect the M2 is going to be rather similar to the other F22/23s.

I've got ESys running on a Win7 VM on my MacBook Air and have used it to code my 228i, hopefully will do the same with my M2 next year
Windows 7-10 works (Not XP). Requires .NET Framework 4.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
It's BS and overly complicated to do it.
E-series is more complicated; different software and cable. F-/I-/G-series is rather straight forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersam View Post
Anyone have success in getting the dash backlighting to remain on during the day?
Coding does not work. Only way is a hardware mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley1175 View Post
Can you code the speed limit sign reading, so that it displays on the dash?
I see it on the euro cars but we have it disabled here in Aus.
Due to placement of speed limit signs on buses, it is disabled in AUS. You can enable with emulator that uses speed limit info from maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood74 View Post
Any MY17's been able to code video in motion? I'm not finding all the settings people list to remove.
It must be done through scripts as bitmask data limits speed on ID5. Alternatively, hardware mod can fool GPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevi Javi View Post
is it possible to code off the automatic start on/off when stopping/moving (in traffic)?
Possible to either set to default off or enable memory. Can also disable in Sport Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Anyone out there able to help me with remote coding of my car. I have the cable but I don't feel comfortable coding it myself.
Easy enough to do. Let me know if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigarum View Post
The only thing I want to do is enable video in motion. Is there an easy way to enable just that?

Thanks
ID4 - Yes
ID5 - up to 63 kph, unless you activate it through scripts or hardware mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanaltaf View Post
Is it confirmed that our cars in the US don't have the proper shutters in the headlights for coding anti-dazzle and variable light distribution? Seems like this was the case on the F80 (for those without LED headlights). Thanks!
F80/F82/F83 with LHM/TMS have correct hardware. F3x with FLE do not have micro optic shutters.
Appreciate 1