Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Okay, couple things...

The M performance exhaust has a midpipe (without a resonator) already built into it. You will be deleting it automatically if you buy it. If bmw is removing the resonator on their performance exhaust i don't see any reason why the dinan resonator delete would be a bad thing.

Next, there's no point in getting the dinan resonator delete unless you're keeping your stock muffler or using a dinan one. It would literally be a waste of money. The MPE has a resonator delete/midpipe built into it. You can't use both parts simultaneously.

Lastly, I got the dinan res delete before the sport cat so i would have noticed any loss in performance had there been one. I didn't notice any loss in power. Just a gain in exhaust noises and volume. I love it. Also, the power gained from the sport cat is/would be significantly larger any possible losses from the res delete. It's a non issue.

PS.

Before you commit to an M performance exhaust (MPE), you might want to know that there are some issues with it regarding vibration during cold starts and drone at highway speedhs. So just do your research on the forum before you dive in head first. That being said, a fabspeed sport cat + MPE is an awesome combo if you don't mind the price and those flaws.

thanks so much for this. I didn't realize the MPE had a mid pipe with no resonators. I missed that and so did all the people at the dealership! Will have to rethink the MPE and weigh the options. It gets shipped from Germany and the MPE gets put on in Halifax before coming out west, so I have some time to make the final call.

That said, can't wait to get my hands on the Fabspeed catted DP.
Appreciate 0