AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacts View Post
thanks for posting, excellent summary and vids!! I'm going to be putting this set up (with the M performance exhaust) in my mine right away, it will be here in mid July. However I have one question. The parts guy at the dealership I'm buying the car from has cautioned me against the resonator delete. He says the turbo wants back pressure and I'll probably get a drop in performance by adding it. What is your take on this? People seem to say the turbo is more responsive with the resonator delete. Any insight would be helpful, thanks.
Okay, couple things...

The M performance exhaust has a midpipe (without a resonator) already built into it. You will be deleting it automatically if you buy it. If bmw is removing the resonator on their performance exhaust i don't see any reason why the dinan resonator delete would be a bad thing.

Next, there's no point in getting the dinan resonator delete unless you're keeping your stock muffler or using a dinan one. It would literally be a waste of money. The MPE has a resonator delete/midpipe built into it. You can't use both parts simultaneously.

Lastly, I got the dinan res delete before the sport cat so i would have noticed any loss in performance had there been one. I didn't notice any loss in power. Just a gain in exhaust noises and volume. I love it. Also, the power gained from the sport cat is/would be significantly larger than any possible losses from the res delete. It's a non issue.

PS.

Before you commit to an M performance exhaust (MPE), you might want to know that there are some issues with it regarding vibration during cold starts and drone at highway speeds. So just do your research on the forum before you dive in head first. That being said, a fabspeed sport cat + MPE is an awesome combo if you don't mind the price and those flaws.

Last edited by AndrewC1989; 05-27-2017 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 1