View Single Post
      04-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #13
MINI135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C and 2013 FR-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twt View Post
I have about a dozen track days on my 2017 DCT...at Road Atlanta, Sebring, Barber and AMP. I ran a track prepped C5Z before and run in the red/instructor group. I have also had a couple of pro drivers take me around RA and Sebring in this car.My conclusion is that this car is freaking amazing....you can run very respectable times in any run group. Obviously the GT3, GTR, Z06 crowd is faster, but only if they know how to drive...passed a McLaren and GT3 at Sebring. I have run camber plates , Carbotech pads (XP10/12) since day 1 along with Motul , SS brake lines, and brake ducts. The brakes are as good as any I have used, including my racing brakes on the corvette....no fade with this set up. You can drive it to the track on stock equipment and drive it home , but I feel the brake pad/fluid upgrade is a must. I have tracked it with stock wheel/tires and with 18 square on 265 RE71s ( after installing MP coilovers) the later is about 4 seconds faster. Also tried some 275 square scrubs and got another couple of seconds. This car really does it all...from mild to wild. Can't wait to drive the CS version !!

Amen (Track brake pads and race brake fluid a must. Stickier tires highly, highly recommended. Otherwise, a fantastic weekender track car that takes you home in comfort too! P.S.- The chassis is so good on this car. Every time I peek under the car and see the sub-frame bolted directly to frame with no spongy bushing in between, I get excited. This coupled with the fantastic limited slip diff makes a huge leap forward in chassis dynamics from many of the past M designs, and yes the difference IS very distinguishable on the track. Great car!)
Appreciate 0