View Single Post
      02-15-2017, 12:09 AM   #85
EBM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

On my end I have never been let go for a ticket, 75% of which according to the letter of the law I was in he wrong. The 25% (3 tickets) I was pulled over 1 time on 580 in my M6 to give a slew of fixit tickets and to ask me if I really owned the car (apparently young minorities can't afford M6's) 2nd ticket I was driving my Nissan Titan going the speed limit and the officer decided I was going to be pulled over and ticketed and then failed to show to court. and the 3rd time was on 880 while In the slow lane behind a group of cars exiting Alvarado Niles headed south bound was driving 60 mph and I knew the CHP patrol car was in the fast lane and passing me until he slowed down and pulled me over my wife and 2 year old were in the car I was driving a Blk/Blk 750i sport package just bought the car and he pulled me stating I was speeding and then went on to question if I owned the vehicle (again I don't understand why CHP thinks I can't afford a BMW) he asked 3 times then reached through the passenger window and tore the registration off the window. This went back on forth for a few minutes I finally just told him to give me the ticket and I will see him in court.

I show up in court and the cop runs down the ticket and says flat out lies according to him I was pulling on the freeway from the exit prior to Alvarado Niles with two young males in the car at a high rate of speed. Really I was in the car with my wife and 2 year old, he flat out lied to the judge. I went on to call him a lier in court and the judge asked if I have a way to prove who was in the car and I said of course my wife was in the car, but she would not grant me an extension to another court date to bring my wife in to court. She stated that I should have brought her with me in the first place. I said how was I to know the CHP officers was going to lie under oath.

Bottom line is some cops are Pricks (despite our fellow member who is a cop stating the use of the word is wrong) but most cops are not. In OP's case and mine in my M6 it is simply unsafe to be pulling people over on a Bay Area freeway just to give fix it tickets (or any freeway for that matter). The officers that are doing this have a disregard for their own safety and the safety of the car they are pulling over period. Either life is not worth the revenue from fixit tickets, especially cops like the one who pulled me over (M6 time) and pulled me out of the car on the side of 580 to have me pop my hood and look under the car etc. A driver not paying attention could easily have plowed into us like the family that was hit along 680 near Walnut Creek recently two kids died when the mothers car broke down on the freeway. A drunk driver plowed into them in the middle of the day and the drink drivers husbaind was a cop also.

That's my 2 cents.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50