02-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #75
m4recruiter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - ED Pick-up 4/29/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwu View Post
Are you sure this is accurate or are there new tint laws as of 2017? I got 2 tint tickets last year for having 35% tints. Both cops told me front driver/passenger tints are not allowed at all in California even when I told them I thought it was the legal limit...
There are many websites out there that offer different information. I've ready anything from 88% (clear glass) to 70%. All of these statements made by window tint installers and manufacturers.

I would go by the CA VC, which states:
(a) (1) A person shall not drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

and it goes on...

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the following conditions are met:
(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88 percent.
(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal standard.
(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability of the existing window glass to block the sun’s harmful ultraviolet A rays.
(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the installing company and the material’s manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material’s manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed according to manufacturer’s instructions meet the requirements of this subdivision and the certificate identifies the material’s manufacturer by full name and street address.
(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed or replaced.
2001 E46 325i Touring

Last edited by m4recruiter; 02-14-2017 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 0