View Single Post
      01-28-2017, 04:19 AM   #12
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 LCI 6MT

I'm 30 and had the same plan as you, was also looking at GTSs at mobile.de
I borrowed Cayman S for a week (as a DD and my only car going to and from work + a track day):
PROS:
- Sound - there is not much to add here, just awesome.
- Looks - everybody is noticing it, mine was white but GR is gonna be even more noticed, mostly kids pointing fingers and envious/happy people commenting
- Awesome mechanical even analogue sports car feeling
- Ride comfort - similar to my current GTI which was a surprise
- Great handling and balance on track
- Lot's of storage space with the frunk and trunk
- Good mileage
- Great interior despite outdated and irritating Nav system

CONS:
- In city DD if you want to hear the engine you almost don't leave 2nd gear which goes up to 70 MPH
- You can't exploit the handling performance in city driving
- In tight parking spaces I couldn't get into the car when somebody parked close to me (I'm 6'2 and the car is low so you need to have room to get down and slip in)
- On track brakes overheat quite fast due to lack of air ducts cooling them - can be retrofitted from 911
- A bit uncomfortable seats for me (too narrow in shoulder area) but got used to it after few days

I was really into it but when I got into M2 it gave me much more fun at much lower speeds and as I don't have great winding roads here to exploit it (only track) and would use it in DD running errands, I became a bit frustrated with the limitations. I also fear that after driving it every day it would loose the magical feeling it had when I first started driving it.
Having said that I'd still get it but as a second car with MT and X73 suspension for weekend/track use.
If you like getting lots of attention and don't mind limited fun in city driving - do it, nothing better out there in that price range.
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8717.00
kezm231.00