marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Total truth !

Being a parent and having memories of driving with your child is awesome ! My daughter absolutely loved it and giggled when I drove with her in my M3.

She currently drives a BMW now ..
Though I have a 4 dr M3 that I like for a lot of other reasons than child practicality, it does have SRDs in front (which my wife hates) and a stiffer suspension (Only Dinan Springs and Konis) and a louder Stromung exhaust.

While my wife hates being in the car. My kids love it. My daughter dubbed it, "coolcar," when she was a toddler.

You'll have challenges, but none that can't be overcome. I'd just be mindful of buying a car that cramps your/your family's lifestyle. When I was an avid windsurfer with a first gen Integra. I was able to pack everything and do fine while others NEEDED minivans. Many countries typically feature smaller cars than the boats we take for granted in the US.

If you feel there might be lifestyle challenges, compromise and buy a used E90M or F80M. As Jeremy commented "Now your children can have their spleens crushed too." in the end, realize this is a 3-year purgatory until your child can clamber back there and buckle themselves up reasonably.
Appreciate 1