View Single Post
      12-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #1
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

What new vehicles are you looking forward to seeing in 2018?

Figured I ask what people are anticipating next year. The question is very general so it isn't just about what you personally might choose if you were buying. It can be anything you are curious about or just think is cool for whatever reason.

This could be a product that has already been spoken about publicly, but hasn't yet gone on sale, or something that is merely known to be making some type of debut next year.

I've got a few.

1) Volvo S60/V60 - I think this could be a real looker given the S90/V90 lineage. Spy shots haven't revealed very much. I am also very curious whether they decide to do a T8 as they did with the XC60.

2) C8 Audi S6 - Heavily rumored to switch from the 4.0L V8 to the twin-turbo 2.9L V6. I am interested to see how that is received by enthusiasts. The engine gets good marks in the RS5, Panamera S, and Cayenne S.

3) Mercedes CLS53 - Slated to get a ~500hp (~430hp + 70hp from the ISG) version of their new M256 inline six. Could that engine find its way into the next C Class AMG?

4) Ford Ranger - Will look like the global model, but I think we'll get a different engine lineup and a new interior.

5) BMW X2 M35i - If for no other reason, I want to see what kind of performance we can expect from the UKL M Performance lineup.

6) Chevrolet Corvette C8 - Self explanatory. Actually not 100% sure we'll get a peek at this new mid engine DOHC-powered beast in 2018, but I hope so.

Is the new GT500 supposed to come out of hiding next year? Seems to be mixed opinions on that, but if it does, I could make room for that one on my list too.
Appreciate 0