Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1zbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post

FYI you do know that before any cars leaves the BMW factory ill go through a dyno pull...right?
Really? Where can I get more details regarding this? Are there any offical statements from BMW regarding this?
I would guess not as it would contradict the break in procedure described in the manual.

BR
In further response to your curiosity, i got a video and literature about the development of the E46 when I bought mine back in 2001 and in this documentary they showed a dyno at the end of assembly and stated "every BMW is tested to ensure it meets its specified power.." Something like that. They show the pull and the computer with instruments measuring power output. Then the car gets released. I think they now test the motors before they go in to save on production delays, not sure but really cool.
I'm curious if there is something to this. I don't think low RPM full Load pull's is something I would do. The ring compression is a real thing, I wonder if that can be done without going nuts.
Bike engines and race engines are fairly different than road car engines, tolerances, they are generally "looser" setups.

I'm aware of the Hard Break In Method that is very popular among the bike crowd. I wish we could see a proper, non biased conversation between engineers.
Appreciate 0