View Single Post
      02-29-2016, 09:20 AM   #77
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
I think a ton of us (myself included) would really like to see a "more ultimate" version of the M2, whatever moniker BMW decides to slap on it. Even with the base M2 getting a lot of praise so far, I think many people agree that there is more that could be accomplished with the platform, or at least theoretically so.

With that being said, what would be the business case to do so? Please forgive my ignorance - but it seems to me that BMW would only do something like this if there was a racing series that the car could be featured in - is that indeed the case?

I truly think that BMW would sell every single car they made, whether it was a CS or CSL or whatever. And they could charge $85-90K for it and not have a problem. But in order to invest the time, resources, and R&D necessary, I would think that there has to be a larger end goal (with a larger payout) in mind...
Same reason Porsche are dropping a GT3RS engine with el manuel into a normal 911 body and calling it a 911R. Because it's awesome and they'll sell every last one of them.

No other reason than it's amazing
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1